- According to 2011 census, Kancheepuram district had a population of 3,998,252 with a sex-ratio of 986 females for every 1,000 males, much above the national average of 929. A total of 431,574 were under the age of six, constituting 220,341 males and 211,233 females.
- Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes accounted for 23.71% and 1.03% of the population respectively.
- The average literacy of the district was 75.37%, compared to the national average of 72.99%.
- The district had a total of 1,006,245 households. There were a total of 1,673,814 workers, comprising 74,761 cultivators, 162,494 main agricultural labourers, 41,149 in house hold industries, 1,088,974 other workers, 306,436 marginal workers, 14,582 marginal cultivators, 110,020 marginal agricultural labourers, 13,583 marginal workers in household industries and 168,251 other marginal workers. The total no of Taluks are 13.
- Kancheepuram District Population Abstract(PDF 397 KB)