The Collectorate play a pivotal role in the District administration. Collector in the Cadre of I.A.S heads the District. He acts as the District Magistrate for maintaining Law and Order in his jurisdiction. He deals mainly with planning and development, law and order, general elections, arms licensing etc.
The District Revenue Officer runs the Revenue administration under various enactments in the District. He is also designated as Additional District Magistrate. He mainly deals with civil supplies, land matters, mines and minerals, village officers etc.
The District Revenue Officer (DRO) and Deputy Collectors assists the Collector in discharging their duties. The District Revenue Officer looks after all the branches of the Collectorate. He deals mainly with general administration and is vested with supervision of day-to-day functions of the Collectorate.
The Project Officer District Rural Development Agency in the cadres of IAS/DRO , Personal Assistant Panchayat Development in the cadre of Deputy Collector, Assistant Director Town panchayats, Municipal commissioners are assisting collector in panchayat development and urban local body related works.
Various Sections and its functions in the Collectorate :
- Section A – Deals with Establishment and Office Procedures, Elections and VVIPs
- Section B – Land Acquisition and Land NOC’s LAOP
- Section D -Record Keeping, Accomodationof Govt. offices and Dist. Gazette
- Section E – Election Work
- Section F -Land Matters –Rail way lands , relinquished lands, Encroachments
- Section J -District Adi Dravidar and Traibal Welfar Schemes
- Section M -Law and Order, Gundas and NOC’s
- Section N -Land Matters – Patta appeal and UDR Corrections
- Section Q -Mines – Quary and etc.
- Section R -Housing Loans, Pension Proposals and Reconcilations work
- Section S-Public Distribution System, Civil Supplies
- Section T-Budject,Audit,Reconciliation,Salary, Pay fixation
- Section U-TNPSC Exam work, Free Dhotee Sarees
- Section V- State Excise, TASMAC management
- Section W-District Backward classes and Minority welfare
- Section X-GDP, CM Cell, Monday Petition and All SSS Schemes
- Section Y-VIP Visit
- Section LR -Land Reforms
- Section DM-Natural calamities
- D(P) – Panchayats Related Activities
- SDC – Mass Contact, jamabandhi,Namakku Name Thittam,
- AD(P) – Panchayats Related Activities
- AD(audit)- Audit and High Level committe
- PA(SS) – Small Savings
- PA(NM) – School Noon Meals Related Activites
- PO(DRDA) – Rural Development and Panchayat Raj
- A.D(TP)-Town Panchatyats related Activities
- AD(Survey) – Survey Works