Department of Employment and Training
Kancheepuram District Employment Office functioning under Department of Employment and Training, which has been situated in Collectorate Campus, Kancheepuram.
List of Activities
- Registering the qualifications of unemployed Youths
- Sponsoring the candidates against the notified Vacancies.
- Conducting Coaching Classes for all Competitive Examinations.
- A Study Circle unit is functioning with more than 4000 books.
- Unemployment Assistance distribution.
- Conduction of Micro Job fairs on every Fridays.
- Conduction of Mega Job Melas.
- Skill related awareness activities.
- Registration for Overseas Man Power Corporation for Foreign Employment.
Registration and Renewal activities:-
Main activities like registration, renewal and additional qualification, Priority registration are done through on line from 2010 onwards. The Website address is https://tnvelaivaaippu[dot]gov[dot]in Totally 312846 Job seekers have been registered in Kancheepuram Employment Office. Among total registrants, 160173 Job seekers are women and 4791 are Differently abled Jobseekers.
In order to build capacity of youth to face various competitive examinations , study circle units were established in all District Employment Offices, Candidates are enrolled as member of Study Circle, In Kancheepuram Employment Office, a room is identified for this purpose with necessary furniture and with more than 4000 books. The Study Circles are also conducting coaching classes for various competitive examinations and providing books, study materials and weekly / monthly magazines for the aspirants, Rs.3,12,500/- per Annum is allocated for this purpose. Through this study circle unit more than 1000 candidates were benefited.
Unemployment Assistance Scheme for Unemployed Youth:
To mitigate the hardships faced by the Unemployed Youth, who are jobless for many years, the Unemployment assistance scheme was announced by the Government in 2006. Now in 2017 the unemployment assistance amount was enhanced. The assistance will be released through ECS to the beneficiary’s bank account for a continuous period of three years or till the beneficiary gets a job, whichever is earlier.
|1||SSLC Failed||Rs. 200/- pm|
|2||SSLC Passed||Rs.300/- pm|
|3||HSC Passed||Rs.400/- pm|
Unemployment Assistance for Differently Abled:-
The Unemployment assistance is given to differently abled persons since 1980. As per Go.No 21 (Ma.Thi.Na-3) dated 23.03.2015, the assistance amount has been enhanced for differently abled persons. The Unemployment Assistance will be paid through ECS to the beneficiary’s bank account for a maximum period of Ten years or till the beneficiary gets a job, whichever is earlier.
|1||Upto SSLC Failed||Rs. 600/- pm|
|2||HSC Passed||Rs.750/- pm|
The Employment office is taking several initiatives for Unemployed Youth in getting Private Sector placement by organizing job fairs on campus and off campus, Every Friday, Private Sector Placement programs are organized at Employment Office, in 2017-18 3 Mega Job Fairs were conducted. In these job Fairs, 409 Employers were participated. Totally, 25099 job seekers participated and among them 2055 persons got placements, Moreover, 78 Differently abled persons were placed.
Tamil Nadu Skill Development Corporation:-
TamilNadu Skill Development Corporation was formed with a vision to transform the state into skill hub by skilling the youth and enhance their employability to match the expectations of the Industry. Since 2013, it is functioning as a Corporation under the Labour and Employment Department. TNSDC has been declared as the State Nodal Agency for Skill Development by the government. Through, the Skill Development Corporation, various Skill Training Courses like Beautician, Tailoring, and Retail Sales Associate has been provided. Website address: www.tnskill.tn.gov.in. Phone – 044-22501007.
Benefits of Skill Training
- The entire amount of expenditure involved for training will be borne by the govt, so it is a free training.
- Rs.100/- will be given daily for transport expenses.
- At the end of the training, trainee will be placed in a job.
Overseas Manpower Corporation:-
The Overseas Manpower Corporation Limited (OMC) was thus incorporated in 1978. The chief objective is to promote employment of Indian manpower in foreign countries. Registration for OMCL is also done in Employment Office. (www[dot]omcmanpower[dot]com)
Right to Tamilnadu Information Act:
- PIO – Deputy Director, District Employment Office, Kanchipuram.
- APIO – District Employment officer (Youth Employment Service) District Employment Office, Kanchipuram.
- Appellate Authority – Regional Joint Director (Employment) Office of Regional Joint Director of Employment, Gundy, Chennai-32.
Department of Employment and Training
District Employment Office
Office Phone No: 044 – 27237124
Office Mail Id: ad[dot]deo[dot]kpm[at]gmail[dot]com