DISTRICT SPORTS OFFICE
SPORTS DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY OF TAMILNADU
The Sports Development Authority of Tamil Nadu is the official sports organ of the Government of Tamil Nadu. Its role is to promote sports and physical fitness throughout the State, utilizing resources drawn from Government, Sports Associations, sports minded philanthropists, institutions and anyone committed to sports and physical fitness.
- Providing opportunities for talent identification.
- To Develop identified talent to excellence at State, National and International levels.
- Bringing in a competition culture throughout the State in order to promote physical fitness, talent identification, competitiveness and brotherhood.
- Establishing sports infrastructure and encouraging the same in the private arena to suit a wide range of requirements – from community level sports meets to that of international competitions.
- To develop appropriate coaching methods through coaching clinics, workshops, courses in India and abroad so as to ensure that correct techniques are taught at the learning stage and appropriate techniques towards international performances are in line with research based advancements abroad.
District Sports Stadium have been established with the facilities of 400m Athletic Track, Gallery, Football Field, Hockey Field, Squash (Indoor), Open Area Boxing Ring, Badminton (Indoor), Multipurpose Indoor Stadium, Multi Gym Hall, Tennis (Synthetic), Volleyball Court, Basketball Court, Swimming Pool and Baby Swimming Pool at Perarignar Anna District Sports Stadium, Old Railway Road, Kancheepuram – 631 502.
TARRIF DETAILS :-
1 ) Learn to Swim
Every Year, “Learn to Swim” are Conducted for 12 days for boys and girls above the age of 10 Years. Those who do not know how to swim are trained in these 12 days. At the end of the Learning session, trainees are awarded by Certificates of Participation.
2 )Summer Coaching Camp
Summer camps are meant to tap the hidden talent of the children. Every year, Summer Coaching Camps are conducted for boys and girls below the age of 16 years in various disciplines such as Athletics, Basketball, Football, Hockey and Volleyball with qualified coaches/ sports experts.
3) Non Residential Coaching Camp
Non-Residential Coaching Camp is conducted in each of the 2 Educational Districts for 5 days for talented boys and girls studying in 6th, 7th and 8th standard identified through the World Beaters Talent Spotting Scheme. Various sports skills are taught to these boys and girls through qualified coaches / sports experts.
4) Residential Coaching Camp
- 60 talented boys and girls from Educational District are selected and given training in the district level residential coaching camps for 15 days.
- Campers are selected based on their performance in the World Beaters Talent Spotting Scheme.
- The identified talents are imparted scientific and systematic training by qualified coaches/experts.
- These boys and girls are motivated to attend the selection trials for admission into SDAT’s Specialized Academies and Sports Hostels.
5) Sports Hostel Selection
In sports hostels, for both boys and girls studying in 7th, 8th, 9th and 11th standards are being admitted by conducting selection trials at district level and State level.
6) District Level Monthly Competition – July, August, October
Competitions are conducted for three months for both boys and girls under the age group below 18 and for one month open to all in order to establish a distinct, competitive sports culture and also to provide competitive exposure to the players for participation in the State level competitions. The results of these competitions serve as progressive bench marks for comparing an athlete’s qualitative and quantitative performances.
7 )Talent Hunting Scheme
In this camp, 10 boys and 10 girls below the age of 14 years are admitted and they are offered a systematic training in area-specific sport for a period of 6 months sanctioned by the Government towards travelling allowance, nutritious dietary allowance, sports uniform, sports equipment charges etc., for implementing this scheme successfully
8) District Level Carrom Competition
Carrom competitions are conducted from the year 2008–09 onwards to promote the game among children from Government schools, Government aided schools, panchayat / town panchayat / municipal schools and facilitate them to win attractive prizes. The competitions are conducted in two categories i.e. sub junior and junior (up to 5th standard and 6th to 12th standard). The first place winners will represent their district in the state championship.
9 )Anna Cycle Race
Cycle racing is one of the toughest endurance sports. To celebrate the birthday of Perarignar Anna, every year, Anna Cycle Race is conducted in the month of September
10) PD’S/PET’S Orientation Course
Orientation Course for Physical Education Teachers / Physical Directors is aimed to upgrade their knowledge in their field of sports. This course helps them to develop methodologies and to learn updated information about mental health, sports psychology and physical fitness. This course refreshes their mind and skill so that they can motivate and train the students efficiently and effectively.
11) Differently Abled Athletic Sports Meet & Games
Adaptive sports or para-sports are sports played by differently abled persons. To encourage them and boost their confidence, sports and games for the differently abled sportspersons are conducted both at the district and State level to develop a competitive spirit among them.
12 )National Youth Festival
Government of India is organising National Youth Festival (NYF) every year from 12th to 16th January. 12th January being the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda is observed as National Youth Day. During this NYF, totally 18 Events will be organized. The competitive events are planned to be organized at District, State & National Level.
13 )Government Employee Sports (Civil Servants)
To keep the civil servants fit and healthy, the Government have decided to involve them in sports. Encouraging sports help them acquire healthy mind and healthy body and to render their service efficiently. So, the Government issued orders for conducting State level Civil Servants Sports Meet from the year 2013-2014. The winners of the first three positions are awarded certificates. The outstanding sportspersons are selected in the selection trials and Tamil Nadu contingent participate in the National level All India Civil Services Competitions.
14 ) CM Trophy
The Sports Development Authority of Tamil Nadu is conducting CM Trophy Tournaments at the following levels
- District Level
- State Level
15 )Hockey League
The Sports Development Authority of Tamil Nadu is conducting Champions Cup Hockey Tournaments at the following levels
- District Level
- Regional Level
- State Level
16 ) World Beater’s Education District Level Competition
The Government of Tamil Nadu have introduced a novel scheme of World Beaters Talent Spotting Scheme. Under this scheme, a series of tests are conducted to the students studying in VI, VII and VIII in all the schools throughout the District to find out the motor qualities in them and to identify hidden talents and thereby assessing their activities.Based on this, the continuous process of the following components are taken care of:
- Talent Identification.
- Grooming the identified talents by inducting them into the specialized academies based on their motor abilities.
- Participation in competitions.
17) Village Games
Village Games were conducted in Athletics, Volleyball and Kabaddi for men and women and Football for men. Medals / Prizes and certificates were awarded to the winners in order to encourage sports among the rural masses.
Perarignar Anna District Sports Stadium,
Sports Development Authority of Tamilnadu,
Old Railway Road, Kancheepuram 631 502.
Office Phone No: 044-27222628
District Sports & Youth Welfare Officer Phone No: 7401703481
Office Mail Id: email@example.com